Are Tervis Tumblers Dishwasher Safe?
Yes, Tervis Tumblers are dishwasher safe.
They can be placed on the top rack of the dishwasher.
However, it is recommended to wash the product thoroughly after each use, especially if it comes into contact with coffee, tomato, or citrus products, as these may cause slight discoloration.
Some precautions should be taken with certain products, such as not microwaving tumblers or decorations with metallic elements and not stacking tumblers as they can become stuck together.
The water bottle is intended for cold non-carbonated drinks and should not be used for hot liquids or carbonated beverages to avoid leaks.
The stainless steel tumblers are also dishwasher safe, but extreme temperatures should be avoided as they could disable the insulation properties.
- Tervis Tumblers can be placed on the top rack of the dishwasher.
- Washing the product thoroughly after each use is recommended.
- Certain products should not be microwaved or stacked together.
- Water bottles are intended for cold non-carbonated drinks only.
- Stainless steel tumblers are dishwasher safe but should avoid extreme temperatures.
- Contact with certain foods may cause slight discoloration.
Did You Know?
1. Tervis Tumblers, those popular insulated cups, were originally created to keep hot drinks hot, but they also work well for cold beverages.
2. Tervis Tumblers are made with a double-wall design, which helps to prevent condensation and keep your hands dry.
3. Although Tervis Tumblers are known for their durability, it is not recommended to use them in the microwave due to the risk of damage.
4. Alongside being dishwasher safe, Tervis Tumblers are also safe to be used in the freezer, allowing you to enjoy a refreshing, chilled beverage in the summer.
5. Tervis Tumblers are proudly made in the USA and have been manufactured in the same Florida facility since they were first introduced in the 1940s.
Dishwasher Safety Recommendations For Tervis Classic Insulated Drinkware
Tervis Classic Insulated drinkware is known for its durability and functionality. One of the most commonly asked questions about these tumblers is whether they are dishwasher safe. The good news is that Tervis Classic Insulated drinkware is dishwasher safe and can be placed on the top rack of the dishwasher. This feature makes cleaning and maintaining these tumblers a breeze. However, there are a few recommendations to keep in mind to ensure the longevity of your Tervis tumblers.
Coffee, tomato, and citrus products may cause slight discoloration, so it is essential to wash the tumbler thoroughly after each use. These products contain acids that can react with the materials in the tumbler, resulting in a slight change in color. To prevent and minimize this discoloration, it is important to clean the tumbler immediately after use, especially if it has been in contact with these acidic substances.
Certain sunscreens may also cause fading or discoloration of the drinkware but do not affect its overall integrity. It is recommended to wash the tumblers with a mild detergent or using baking soda and a wet cloth to remove any residue or haze that might appear after dishwasher use. These simple steps will help restore the clarity and shine of your Tervis tumblers.
Although Tervis tumblers without lids are microwave safe for up to 30 seconds at a time, it is important to note that tumblers or decorations with metallic elements should not be microwaved. Metallic elements can cause sparks or damage to the microwave. Therefore, it is best to avoid microwaving any Tervis tumblers with metallic decorations or elements.
Factors That May Cause Discoloration And How To Clean Tervis Tumblers
While Tervis tumblers are designed to be resistant to discoloration and stains, certain factors can still affect their appearance over time. Coffee, tomato, and citrus products are known to cause slight discoloration if the tumbler is not cleaned properly. To ensure the longevity of your Tervis tumbler and maintain its vibrant colors, it is essential to wash it thoroughly after each use.
To clean your Tervis tumbler, you can use a mild detergent or a mixture of baking soda and water. Simply apply the cleaning solution to a wet cloth or sponge and gently scrub the interior and exterior of the tumbler. Rinse it thoroughly with warm water to remove any residue or haze. By following these cleaning recommendations, you can keep your Tervis tumbler looking brand new for years to come.
Tips For Microwave Use Of Tumblers And Mugs
Tervis tumblers and mugs are known for their versatility and convenience. While they are primarily designed for keeping beverages hot or cold, some models can safely be microwaved for short periods. Tumblers without lids can be microwaved for up to 30 seconds at a time. This feature makes it convenient to warm up your favorite drinks without needing an additional microwave-safe container.
However, it is important to note that Tervis tumblers or decorations with metallic elements should never be microwaved. Metallic elements can cause sparks or damage to the microwave, which can be dangerous. To ensure the safety of your Tervis products, it is best to avoid microwaving any tumblers or mugs with metallic decorations.
Handling And Care For Tervis Tumblers With Metallic Elements
Tervis tumblers with metallic elements add a touch of elegance to your drinkware collection. However, proper handling and care are essential to protect their metallic elements and ensure longevity. Here are some important points to consider:
- Tervis tumblers with metallic decorations are not microwave-safe. Avoid exposing them to extreme heat or freezing temperatures.
- Do not use abrasive sponges or scouring pads for cleaning, as they can scratch the steel and the Tervis design.
- It is recommended to wash any new Tervis product before use.
- While stainless steel Tervis products are dishwasher safe, do not place them in the microwave, on the stove, or in the freezer. Extreme temperatures could disable the insulation properties.
Remember to handle your Tervis tumblers with care, and they will continue to be visually appealing and functional additions to your drinkware collection.
Common Issues After Dishwasher Use And How To Address Them
After using a dishwasher, you may encounter some common issues with Tervis tumblers. One of these issues is the appearance of moisture between the walls of the tumbler. This moisture is caused by the water used during the dishwasher cycle, and it typically dissipates within 24 hours. To expedite this process, you can gently tap the tumbler on a soft surface or use a clean cloth to dry it.
Another problem that may arise is when the tumblers become stuck together when stacked. It is not recommended to stack the tumblers, as they can be difficult to separate, and forcing them apart may damage the integrity of the drinkware. To avoid this issue, it is best to store Tervis tumblers individually or with a small spacer between them to prevent them from sticking together.
- Moisture between the walls of Tervis tumblers is caused by dishwasher water. It usually disappears within 24 hours.
- Tap the tumbler on a soft surface or dry it with a clean cloth to speed up the process.
- Stacking Tervis tumblers is not recommended as they may stick together.
- Separating stacked tumblers forcefully can damage them.
- Store Tervis tumblers individually or with a small spacer to prevent them from sticking together.
Important Guidelines For Cleaning And Care Of Tervis Stainless Steel Products
Tervis offers a line of stainless steel products, including the Tervis Traveler stainless steel tumblers. These tumblers are known for their excellent insulation and durability. They feature a trademarked technology called DuraPrint, which makes them dishwasher safe, resistant to chipping and peeling, and ensures long-lasting colors for their designs.
To maintain the longevity of your Tervis stainless steel products, it is important to follow some cleaning and care guidelines. Here are a few recommendations:
- Wash any new Tervis stainless steel product before use.
- While these products can be put in the dishwasher, avoid exposing them to extreme temperatures from the microwave, stove, or freezer, as this may compromise their insulation properties.
- Avoid using abrasive sponges or scouring pads when cleaning stainless steel tumblers, as they can scratch the steel and the DuraPrint design, affecting their visual appeal.
By adhering to these guidelines, you can ensure that your Tervis stainless steel products remain functional and visually appealing for a long time.
Note: Proper cleaning after each use, avoiding exposure to extreme temperatures, and following specific care instructions for different Tervis products will help you enjoy these insulated drinkware items for years to come.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I put my Tervis tumbler in the dishwasher?
Yes, you can confidently put your Tervis tumbler in the dishwasher. Tervis Classic Insulated drinkware is specifically designed to withstand the dishwasher’s normal use. It is recommended to follow the dishwasher’s manufacturer’s settings, and if possible, place the tumbler on the top rack for added convenience and safety.
Are Tervis Stainless dishwasher safe?
Yes, Tervis stainless steel drinkware with DuraPrint technology is indeed dishwasher safe. This trademarked technology ensures that the printed designs on the Tervis Traveler tumblers remain intact even after multiple cycles in the dishwasher. Additionally, DuraPrint also offers resistance against chipping and peeling, ensuring long-lasting and vibrant colors for the unique designs on these stainless steel drinkware.
Why do Tervis tumblers get cloudy?
Tervis tumblers may become cloudy due to a chemical reaction between the plastic material and sunscreen. When sunscreen comes into contact with the Tervis plastic, it initiates a reaction that results in the formation of a peculiar haze. This haze is a rough stain that clouds up the cup, making it lose its crystal-clear appearance. Although further scientific investigation is required, this sunscreen-induced reaction seems to be the most likely cause of the Tervis tumbler’s cloudiness.
Are Tervis tumblers machine washable?
Yes, Tervis tumblers are indeed machine washable. While the water bottle and lid are dishwasher safe, it is recommended to place them on the top rack only. It’s important not to remove the internal gasket or silicone ring inside the lid for regular cleaning. By following these guidelines, you can ensure that your Tervis tumblers stay clean and in great condition even after being machine washed.