How Long to Cook Boneless Turkey Breast in Slow Cooker?
To cook boneless turkey breast in a slow cooker, it is recommended to cook it on low for 4 hours.
Ensure that the bottom of the crockpot is greased to prevent sticking.
The internal temperature of the turkey breast should reach 165 degrees F for it to be fully cooked.
Let the turkey breast rest for 20 minutes before slicing to allow the juices to redistribute.
The drippings can be used to make gravy.
Slow cooking is recommended for tender and juicy meat.
- Cook boneless turkey breast in slow cooker on low for 4 hours
- Grease the bottom of the crockpot to prevent sticking
- Turkey breast should reach internal temperature of 165 degrees F
- Let turkey breast rest for 20 minutes before slicing
- Drippings can be used to make gravy
- Slow cooking recommended for tender and juicy meat
Did You Know?
1. Did you know that slow cooking boneless turkey breast can take up to six hours on low heat? This method allows the turkey to become moist and tender while retaining its flavor.
2. Another interesting fact: Slow cooking boneless turkey breast is not only convenient but also healthier! The slow-cooking process allows the fat to melt away, making it a more nutritious option compared to other cooking methods.
3. Did you know that adding a layer of root vegetables, such as carrots and potatoes, to your slow cooker alongside the boneless turkey breast can enhance the overall flavor? The vegetables absorb the savory juices and become incredibly delicious.
4. Here’s a little-known tip: For extra flavor, consider marinating the boneless turkey breast in a mixture of herbs, spices, and citrus juice before placing it in the slow cooker. This marinade will infuse the meat with additional taste and tenderness.
5. Lastly, did you know that slow-cooked boneless turkey breast can be easily shredded and used in a variety of dishes? From sandwiches and salads to tacos and wraps, the possibilities are endless! You can even use the leftover juices as a base for a tasty gravy or sauce.
Rub Recipe For Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
To achieve a delicious and flavorful boneless turkey breast, it is crucial to prepare the perfect rub. For this slow cooker recipe, you will need the following ingredients for the rub:
- Softened butter: 1/4 cup
- Kosher salt: 2 teaspoons
- Black pepper: 1 teaspoon
- Dried oregano: 1 teaspoon
- Dried thyme: 1 teaspoon
- Paprika: 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric: 1/2 teaspoon
- Garlic powder: 1/2 teaspoon
To create the rub, simply combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Ensure that the butter is well softened to allow for easy mixing. The rub should have a pleasant aroma and a vibrant color.
Cooking Instructions For Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
Now that you have prepared the flavorful rub, it’s time to dive into the cooking process. Follow these instructions for a perfectly cooked boneless turkey breast in your slow cooker:
Start by greasing the bottom of your slow cooker to prevent anything from sticking. This can be done by rubbing a small amount of butter or oil on the surface.
Place a layer of sliced onions at the bottom of the slow cooker. This will help elevate the turkey breast and add flavor to the dish.
Remove any additional gravy packets or twine from the turkey breast and discard them.
Instead of rinsing the turkey breast, pat it dry with paper towels. This technique helps to remove excess moisture without washing away the natural juices and flavors.
Generously apply the previously prepared rub to all sides of the turkey breast. Make sure to coat it evenly, ensuring every bite is packed with flavor.
Carefully place the turkey breast on top of the sliced onions in the slow cooker. The netting on the turkey should be left intact during cooking to prevent the breast from falling apart.
Set your slow cooker to the low setting and cook the turkey breast for approximately 4 hours. Cooking it on low allows the meat to become tender and juicy while intensifying the flavors.
Grease the bottom of the slow cooker
- Layer sliced onions at the bottom
- Remove any additional gravy packets or twine
- Pat dry the turkey breast, avoiding rinsing
- Generously apply the rub
- Carefully place the turkey breast on top of onions
- Cook on low setting for 4 hours
Tips For Preparing The Turkey Breast
Before you embark on your slow cooker journey, there are a few essential tips to ensure your boneless turkey breast turns out perfect:
When selecting a turkey breast for this recipe, boneless turkey roast is recommended, but bone-in can also be used. Both options will yield delightful results.
Opt for a skin-on turkey breast if possible. The skin helps retain moisture, keeping the meat tender and juicy throughout the cooking process.
Keep the netting on the turkey breast intact during cooking. This will help maintain its shape and prevent the breast from falling apart.
To achieve optimal tenderness and flavor, season the turkey breast with additional spices such as poultry seasoning, paprika, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
Recommended Internal Temperature And Resting Time
To ensure your boneless turkey breast is cooked to perfection, it’s important to monitor its internal temperature. The recommended internal temperature for turkey breast is 165 degrees Fahrenheit (74 degrees Celsius). Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the breast to accurately measure the temperature.
Once the desired temperature is reached, remove the turkey breast from the slow cooker and allow it to rest for at least 20 minutes before slicing. This resting period allows the juices to redistribute within the meat, resulting in moist and succulent slices.
Utilizing Drippings For Gravy And Crispy Skin
The drippings from the slow cooker can be utilized to make delicious gravy. Before making the gravy, skim off any excess fat from the drippings for a leaner end result. Simply strain the drippings and use them as a base for your gravy recipe.
If you desire crispier skin, you can achieve this by placing the cooked turkey breast under the broiler in your oven for a few minutes. This extra step will give your turkey a beautiful golden-brown color and add a delightful crunch to each bite.
- Utilize the drippings from the slow cooker to make delicious gravy.
- Skim off any excess fat from the drippings for a leaner end result.
- Strain the drippings and use them as a base for the gravy recipe.
- Place the cooked turkey breast under the broiler for crispy skin.
- Achieve a beautiful golden-brown color and a delightful crunch by using the broiler.
Tips For Leftover Turkey Storage And Recipe Ideas
Leftover turkey can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Ensure it is properly covered or stored in an airtight container to maintain its freshness. To reheat the turkey, you can use either the oven or an air fryer for a quick and delicious meal.
If you find yourself with an abundance of leftover turkey, fear not! There are numerous creative ways to utilize this versatile ingredient. Consider incorporating it into:
for a delightful twist to your meals. The possibilities are endless!
“With the guidance provided in this foolproof guide, you can confidently cook a boneless turkey breast in your slow cooker, yielding tender, juicy results every time.”
From the perfectly balanced rub to the ideal cooking time and temperature, your turkey will be a centerpiece to be proud of. So go ahead, embrace the slow cooker and indulge yourself and your loved ones with a delicious meal that will have everyone asking for seconds!
Frequently Asked Questions
How long to cook 1.5 kg boneless turkey breast?
For a boneless turkey breast weighing 1.5 kg, you can estimate the cooking time to be around 70 minutes. This calculation is based on the guideline of 40 minutes per kilo, with an additional 20 minutes. Remember to always use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature of the turkey reaches 74°C for safe consumption. Adjustments can be made as needed based on your oven’s unique behavior.
How long to cook a 3kg boneless turkey breast?
The cooking time for a 3kg boneless turkey breast would be approximately 110 minutes. This calculation is based on allowing 20 minutes per kg, plus an additional 70 minutes since the weight is under 4kg. It is important to keep in mind that this is just a guide, and it is always recommended to use a meat thermometer to ensure the turkey reaches the appropriate internal temperature for safety.
Does bone-in turkey breast take longer to cook than boneless?
Yes, bone-in turkey breast typically takes longer to cook than boneless. This is because the bone can act as an insulator, preventing the heat from reaching the meat as quickly. To ensure that your turkey breast is cooked thoroughly and safely, it is important to monitor its internal temperature and ensure it reaches at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit. By adjusting the temperature accordingly, you can achieve a perfectly cooked bone-in turkey breast in due time.
Is it better to cook a turkey fast or slow?
While slow-roasting a turkey offers the advantage of tender meat and flavorful skin, there are merits to cooking it fast as well. Cooking a turkey at a higher temperature can result in a crisper skin and a shorter cooking time, which is advantageous when time is limited. Additionally, a faster cooking process can help to retain more of the bird’s natural juices, resulting in a moist and succulent turkey. Ultimately, the choice between cooking a turkey fast or slow depends on personal preferences and the available time for preparation.