How to Change GE Fridge From Celsius to Fahrenheit?
To change a GE fridge from Celsius to Fahrenheit, the method differs depending on the model.
For GE Bottom-Freezer Built-In models, press the “Temp Display ⁰C/⁰F” button on the temperature control panel.
For GE Side-by-Side models, simultaneously press the freezer and refrigerator temperature control buttons for three seconds.
Then, follow specific steps to change the temperature display.
After selecting the desired temperature unit, press the “Express Thaw” button several times and wait three seconds to save the selection.
It is recommended to consult the user manual or contact customer support if needed.
- Method differs depending on the model
- For GE Bottom-Freezer Built-In models, press “Temp Display ⁰C/⁰F” button
- For GE Side-by-Side models, press freezer and refrigerator temperature control buttons simultaneously
- Follow specific steps to change temperature display
- Press “Express Thaw” button several times and wait three seconds to save selection
- Consult user manual or contact customer support if needed
Did You Know?
1. Did you know that the Celsius scale is named after the Swedish astronomer Anders Celsius, who first proposed the scale in 1742? Fahrenheit, on the other hand, was named after the German physicist Daniel Gabriel Fahrenheit, who developed the scale in 1724.
2. The United States is one of the few countries in the world that primarily uses the Fahrenheit scale for temperature measurements. Most other countries, including all of Europe, use Celsius as their standard temperature scale.
3. If you want to convert a temperature from Celsius to Fahrenheit, you can use the formula: (°C × 9/5) + 32 = °F. Likewise, to convert a temperature from Fahrenheit to Celsius, you can use the formula: (°F − 32) × 5/9 = °C.
4. GE refrigerators typically have a control panel where you can change the temperature display from Celsius to Fahrenheit, and vice versa. This feature is especially convenient when you move to a different country or region that uses a different temperature scale.
5. In some older models of GE refrigerators, it may be necessary to consult the owner’s manual or contact customer support to find specific instructions on how to change the temperature display from Celsius to Fahrenheit. The process can vary slightly depending on the fridge model and its control panel design.
1. Changing Temperature Setting On Ge Bottom-Freezer Built-In Refrigerator Models
GE Bottom-Freezer Built-In Refrigerator models offer a seamless and efficient cooling experience. To change the temperature setting from Celsius to Fahrenheit, follow these steps:
- Locate the temperature control panel on your fridge. It can usually be found on the dispenser panel or the upper rear wall of the fridge section.
- Look for the button labeled “Temp Display ⁰C/⁰F” on the control panel.
- Press the “Temp Display ⁰C/⁰F” button to initiate the change.
- The display will switch to show the temperature in Fahrenheit instead of Celsius.
2. Changing Temperature Setting On Ge Side-By-Side Refrigerator Models
GE Side-by-Side Refrigerator models offer excellent cooling capabilities. To change the temperature settings on these models, follow these steps:
- Locate the control panel, usually found on the front of the refrigerator.
- On the control panel, you will see four buttons that control the cold and warm temperatures in the freezer and refrigerator compartments.
- Press and hold all four buttons simultaneously for three seconds to activate the temperature change mode.
- Once the temperature change mode is activated, refer to your user manual for specific steps to change the displays to the desired temperature units.
Note: Each GE Side-by-Side Refrigerator model may have slightly different steps, so consult your user manual for accurate instructions.
3. Saving The Temperature Selection On Ge Fridges
After selecting or changing the temperature display on your GE fridge, it is essential to save your selection to ensure that it remains in effect. To do this, you will need to press the “Express Thaw” button multiple times. After pressing this button multiple times, wait for three seconds to allow the fridge to register your selection.
By following this step, your GE fridge will save the newly selected temperature unit — either Fahrenheit or Celsius — and maintain it until further changes are made.
4. Instructions For Service Technicians And Users
Although the manufacturer recommends having a service technician perform the procedure of changing the temperature setting on GE fridges, users can also accomplish this task themselves. By following the aforementioned steps with caution and reference to the user manual, users can change the temperature units to meet their preferences.
However, if you have any concerns or are unsure about the process, it is always advisable to consult the user manual or reach out to GE customer support for assistance. They can provide guidance specific to your refrigerator model, ensuring a smooth transition from Celsius to Fahrenheit or vice versa.
- Users can change the temperature setting on GE fridges themselves.
- Follow the steps with caution and reference the user manual.
- Consult the user manual or reach out to GE customer support for assistance.
“If you have any concerns, it is always advisable to consult the user manual or contact GE customer support.”
5. Locating The Temperature Control Panel On Ge Fridges
Finding the temperature control panel on your GE fridge is crucial to successfully changing the temperature display. On GE fridges, the temperature control panel can be found either on the dispenser panel or the upper rear wall of the fridge section.
Take a moment to familiarize yourself with the layout of your refrigerator and locate the temperature control panel accordingly. This will make it easier for you to access the necessary buttons and perform the temperature unit change effectively.
6. Additional Support And Resources For Changing Temperature Units In Ge Fridges
Changing the temperature units on your GE fridge from Celsius to Fahrenheit or vice versa might seem like a simple task, but it is always helpful to have additional resources and support available.
If you require more detailed instructions or encounter any difficulties during the process, referring to the user manual specific to your GE refrigerator model is highly recommended. The user manual provides step-by-step guidance and will address any model-specific nuances.
Additionally, if you still have inquiries or need further assistance, do not hesitate to contact GE customer support. Their team of knowledgeable professionals will be more than happy to provide the support you need to ensure optimal temperature control for your GE fridge.
Blockquote: Remember, it is always important to consult the user manual and seek assistance from customer support when needed.
In conclusion, changing the temperature setting on a GE fridge from Celsius to Fahrenheit is a relatively straightforward process. With a few simple steps and reference to the user manual or customer support, users can achieve the desired temperature display units for their fridge.
- Take advantage of the resources available to you.
- Enjoy an enhanced cooling experience tailored to your preferences.
Check this out:
Frequently Asked Questions
Should a refrigerator be set on Celsius or Fahrenheit?
When setting the temperature for your refrigerator, it is best to utilize Celsius rather than Fahrenheit. According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, the recommended temperature for refrigerators is at or below 40°F, which is equivalent to 4.4°C. However, for optimal food preservation, it is advised to set the temperature between 1.7 to 3.3°C. By using Celsius, it allows for a more precise adjustment to maintain the ideal temperature range for your refrigerator, ensuring that your food remains fresh and safe to consume.
What is the normal temperature for a GE refrigerator?
The standard temperature for a GE refrigerator is typically set at 37 degrees Fahrenheit for the fresh food section and 0 degrees Fahrenheit for the freezer section, as stated in the recommended refrigerator temperature settings. These temperatures help to ensure the optimal cooling and preservation of food items. It is important to consult the Owner’s Manual for model-specific instructions on how to properly set and check the temperature for your specific GE refrigerator model.
What is the normal setting for a GE refrigerator?
The ideal temperature setting for a GE refrigerator is typically between 35°-38° F, as recommended by GE themselves. To ensure accuracy, it is advisable to consult your model’s use & care guide for the precise setting. In case your refrigerator lacks a digital display indicating the current temperature, using a refrigerator thermometer can help you monitor and adjust it accordingly.
How can you change a GE fridge from displaying temperature in Celsius to Fahrenheit?
To change a GE fridge from displaying temperature in Celsius to Fahrenheit, you need to follow a few steps. First, locate the control panel on your refrigerator. Look for a button labeled “Temperature” or “Setting.” Press and hold this button for a few seconds until the display starts to flash or change.
While the display is flashing, look for a button that allows you to switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit. This button may be labeled with a C/F symbol or have an arrow pointing between the two temperature units. Once you find it, press the button to toggle the display between Celsius and Fahrenheit. Finally, wait for the display to stop flashing and accept the changes. Your GE fridge should now show the temperature in Fahrenheit.