How to Clean Oreck Air Purifier?
To clean an Oreck Air Purifier, follow these steps:
1. Unplug the air purifier to ensure safety and avoid damage.
2. Remove the top cover of the air purifier.
3. For the pre-filter, rinse it with water and allow it to air dry completely before reinserting it.
4. For the Truman Cell, lift it out of the cabinet using the small handles on the side.
5. Use a cotton swab to clean any visible dirt or debris on the Truman Cell.
6. Place the cell in a basin, tub, or sink and spray it with Oreck Assail-A-Cell cleaner or soak it in a mild dishwasher detergent solution for 2-3 hours.
7. Rinse the Truman Cell with water to remove any cleaning solution.
8. Ensure the Truman Cell is completely dry before reinstalling it into the cabinet.
9. Avoid inserting anything or using a cloth to clean between the cell plates as they are delicate.
10. Let the collector air-dry after cleaning, do not use a hair dryer.
It is recommended to clean the pre-filter periodically and clean the Truman Cell every 8 weeks or as needed based on air quality.
- Unplug the air purifier before cleaning
- Remove the top cover of the air purifier
- Rinse and air dry the pre-filter before reinserting
- Clean the Truman Cell with a cotton swab and soak it in a cleaning solution
- Rinse the Truman Cell thoroughly after cleaning
- Ensure all components are completely dry before reinstalling
Did You Know?
1. The first Oreck air purifier was invented by David Oreck in 1963, after he realized the need for an effective and efficient machine to clean the air in his own home.
2. Oreck air purifiers utilize a unique technology called Truman Cell® filtration. Instead of traditional filters, these machines use a collector cell that magnetically charges and traps particles, making them easy to clean.
3. Despite their effectiveness, Oreck air purifiers are remarkably quiet. With noise levels ranging from 40 to 63 decibels, they are quieter than a typical conversation and make for a peaceful atmosphere.
4. Oreck air purifiers are designed to consume very little energy. The average Oreck air purifier operates at 25 watts per hour, making it an energy-efficient choice to help improve indoor air quality.
5. One interesting feature of Oreck air purifiers is their light indicator system. This alerts users when it’s time to clean the filter or collector cell, ensuring that your air purifier always works at its best.
Cleaning The Truman Cell Of The Oreck Air Purifier
The Oreck Air Purifier is equipped with a unique component called the Truman Cell, which utilizes electrostatic technology to capture dust and debris. Cleaning the Truman Cell is essential for maintaining the effectiveness and efficiency of your Oreck air purifier.
Here are the steps to clean the Truman Cell effectively:
- Unplug the Oreck XL Air Purifier from the power source to ensure your safety and prevent any potential damage to the equipment.
- Carefully remove the Truman Cell from the air purifier unit. The Truman Cell is composed of metallic plates and wires that utilize electricity to catch dust and microscopic particles.
- If you hear frequent arcing noises coming from the Truman Cell, you can utilize a cotton swab for quick cleaning.
- Place the Truman Cell in a basin, tub, or sink.
- Apply Oreck Assail-a-Cell cleaning spray to thoroughly coat the Truman Cell. Alternatively, you can soak the Truman Cell in a mild dishwasher detergent solution for 2-3 hours.
- After the designated time, rinse the Truman Cell with water until all the cleaning solution is removed.
- It is crucial to ensure that the Truman Cell is completely dry before reinserting it into the cabinet of the air purifier. This step will prevent any potential damage to the air purifier and maintain its optimal functionality.
Remember to follow these steps regularly to keep your Oreck air purifier running smoothly.
- Unplug the Oreck XL Air Purifier.
- Carefully remove the Truman Cell.
- Use a cotton swab for quick cleaning if necessary.
- Place the Truman Cell in a basin, tub, or sink.
- Apply Oreck Assail-a-Cell cleaning spray or soak in a mild dishwasher detergent solution.
- Rinse the Truman Cell with water to remove all cleaning solution.
- Ensure the Truman Cell is completely dry before reinserting it into the air purifier cabinet.
Proper Precautions Before Cleaning The Oreck Air Purifier
Before cleaning your Oreck Air Purifier, it is crucial to prioritize your safety and prevent any damage to the equipment. Start by unplugging the Oreck XL Air Purifier from the power source. This step is essential to eliminate the risk of electric shock and avoid any potential harm to yourself or the equipment during the cleaning process.
Another important precaution is to avoid inserting anything or using a cloth to clean between the cell plates of the collector cell. The cell plates are delicate and can be easily damaged or misaligned by using improper cleaning tools. This can impair the overall functionality of the air purifier. Make sure to strictly adhere to Oreck’s recommended cleaning methods and refrain from using any abrasive or harsh cleaning agents that may cause irreparable damage to the equipment.
Maintenance Of The Pre-Filter In The Oreck Air Purifier
The pre-filter in the Oreck Air Purifier serves a crucial function by catching larger particles before they reach the Truman Cell. This pre-filter helps to prolong the lifespan of the Truman Cell and improves the overall efficiency of the air purification process. Therefore, it is essential to periodically clean the pre-filter to maintain its optimal performance.
To begin the cleaning process, unplug the Oreck air purifier from the power source. Then, remove the top cover of the air purifier to access the pre-filter. The pre-filter can be rinsed with water to remove any accumulated particles. Carefully rinse the pre-filter until it is free from dirt and debris. Afterward, allow the pre-filter to air dry completely before reinserting it back into the cabinet of the air purifier. This step ensures that the pre-filter is clean, dry, and ready for its next cycle of trapping larger particles.
–Unplug the Oreck air purifier from the power source.
–Remove the top cover of the air purifier to access the pre-filter.
–Rinse the pre-filter with water to remove any accumulated particles.
–Allow the pre-filter to air dry completely before reinserting it into the air purifier cabinet.
Note: The pre-filter is an important component of the Oreck Air Purifier that catches larger particles and improves overall efficiency. It should be periodically cleaned to maintain optimal performance.
Understanding The Composition Of The Truman Cell
The Truman Cell, a fundamental component of the Oreck Air Purifier, captures dust and microscopic particles from the air. This electrostatic device is composed of metallic plates and wires that utilize electricity to attract and capture airborne impurities.
The Truman Cell works on the principle of electrostatic precipitation. When air passes through the air purifier, positively charged metallic plates attract negatively charged particles like dust, pollen, and mold spores. The wires within the cell create a high voltage electrical field that charges the particles and makes them adhere to the plates. This efficient process ensures that even the tiniest particles are effectively captured, resulting in cleaner and healthier indoor air.
Step-By-Step Guide To Cleaning The Truman Cell
Cleaning the Truman Cell is a critical maintenance task to ensure the Oreck Air Purifier continues to filter and purify the air effectively. Here is a step-by-step guide to properly clean the Truman Cell:
- Step 1: Unplug the Oreck XL Air Purifier from the power source to prevent electric shock or damage to the equipment.
- Step 2: Remove the top cover of the air purifier to access the Truman Cell.
- Step 3: Lift the Truman Cell out of the cabinet using the small handles on the sides.
- Step 4: Use a cotton swab to gently clean the Truman Cell if you hear frequent arcing noises during operation.
- Step 5: Place the Truman Cell in a basin, tub, or sink.
- Step 6: Spray Oreck Assail-a-Cell cleaning spray generously onto the Truman Cell, covering it completely. Alternatively, soak the Truman Cell in a mild dishwasher detergent solution for 2-3 hours.
- Step 7: After the designated time, thoroughly rinse the Truman Cell with water until all cleaning solution residues are removed.
- Step 8: Allow the Truman Cell to air dry completely before reinserting it into the cabinet of the air purifier.
- Step 9: Once dry, carefully reinsert the Truman Cell into the Oreck Air Purifier, ensuring it is securely in place.
- Step 10: Finally, plug the air purifier back into the power source and enjoy the benefits of clean, purified air.
Importance Of Cleaning The Collector Cell In Oreck Air Purifiers
The collector cell is a vital component of Oreck Air Purifiers’ air filtration process. Its role is to capture and eliminate airborne impurities, making it crucial for maintaining indoor air quality.
Regularly cleaning the collector cell is essential to ensure the efficiency of the Oreck Air Purifier. It is recommended to clean the collector plate after the first month of use, and then every eight weeks. However, depending on the air quality in your surroundings, more frequent cleaning may be necessary.
To clean the collector cell effectively, start by unplugging the Oreck XL Air Purifier. Remove the top cover to access the collector cell. Create a solution using warm water and a mild dish soap. Submerge the collector cell in the solution and let it soak for 2-3 hours. If stubborn dirt or tobacco tar remains, you can use a foaming cleaner like Assail-a-Cell for additional cleaning power.
After soaking, thoroughly rinse the collector cell with water to remove all soap residues. Allow the collector cell to air dry completely before reinstalling it into the air purifier. Avoid using a hair dryer or any external heat source to dry the collector cell as it may cause damage to its delicate components.
By following these cleaning procedures and keeping the collector cell clean, you can ensure that your Oreck Air Purifier continues to perform optimally, providing you with clean and purified air.
Check this out:
Frequently Asked Questions
Can air purifier filters be washed?
No, air purifier filters cannot be washed. Unless specifically labeled as washable or “permanent,” washing a HEPA filter may compromise its effectiveness in filtering the air. Therefore, it is advisable to replace non-washable filters to maintain optimal filtration performance.
Can you clean the inside of an air purifier?
Yes, the inside of an air purifier can be cleaned effectively using a few simple steps. Start by using a vacuum attachment on a low setting to gently vacuum the air intake grill, removing any accumulated dust or debris. Then, carefully remove the interior parts and filters, ensuring not to damage them. Next, proceed to wash or vacuum the interior components, including the filters, with great care and gentleness. By following these steps, you can effectively clean the inside of an air purifier and maintain its optimal functioning.
How do you clean an Oreck XL Professional air purifier cell?
To clean an Oreck XL Professional air purifier cell, start by spraying Oreck Assail-a-Cell® cleaner between each Cell Plate and covering each surface. After allowing the cleaner to soak for a few minutes, remember to rinse the Truman Cell® with clean water. For a different approach, you can also choose to rinse or soak the Truman Cell® in warm water to remove any loose debris.
Is it okay to wash air filter with water?
It is generally not recommended to wash air filters with water unless they are made of cloth or carbon material. Washing paper filters with water can damage them, so it is best to avoid using water for these types of filters. Instead, it is suggested to use a vacuum cleaner initially to effectively remove dust, dirt, and debris from the filters.