How to Make Rso in a Rice Cooker?
To make RSO in a rice cooker, you will need 1 ounce of decarbed Indica strain cannabis, a tall mason jar, a shorter wide-mouth mason jar, a blender, a rice cooker or crockpot, an infrared thermometer, a table fan, cheesecloth, a rubber band, and Everclear (alcohol).
First, grind the cannabis in a blender and then pour it into the tall mason jar.
Cover the cannabis with Everclear, stir, and mash it, then freeze the jar for 45 minutes.
Next, strain the mixture into the wide-mouth mason jar using cheesecloth and extract the remaining liquid.
Place the mason jar into the rice cooker pot and fill with enough water to reach the height of the cannabis.
Set the rice cooker to the rice setting and monitor the temperature with an infrared thermometer to ensure it does not exceed 240 degrees Fahrenheit.
Cook the mixture for 2-3 hours until it becomes a dark syrup, stirring occasionally.
Finally, siphon the oil into syringes and store for future use.
It is important to ensure good airflow and use a fan to remove fumes from the cooking area.
Avoid using rubbing alcohol and consult a doctor before using RSO.
- Gather the necessary equipment:
- 1 ounce of decarbed Indica strain cannabis
- Tall and wide-mouth mason jars
- Rice cooker or crockpot
- Infrared thermometer
- Table fan
- Rubber band
Grind the cannabis in a blender and transfer it to the tall mason jar.
Pour Everclear over the cannabis, stir, and freeze the jar for 45 minutes.
Strain the mixture into the wide-mouth mason jar using cheesecloth to remove solids.
Place the mason jar in the rice cooker pot, add water to reach cannabis height, and set the rice cooker to the rice setting.
Cook the mixture for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally, until it reaches a dark syrup consistency, then siphon it into syringes for storage.
Did You Know?
1. Pure THC extract, also known as RSO (Rick Simpson Oil), can be made at home using a rice cooker.
2. The rice cooker method of making RSO involves using low heat for an extended period of time to extract the cannabinoids from the cannabis plant material.
3. This DIY extraction technique is largely inspired by the renowned cannabis activist Rick Simpson, who popularized the medicinal benefits of RSO.
4. Contrary to popular belief, making RSO in a rice cooker is not solely limited to marijuana strains with high THC levels. It can also be made with CBD-rich hemp plants for a more therapeutic effect.
5. Rice cookers are often preferred for making RSO due to their temperature control capabilities, ensuring that the heat remains steady and consistent throughout the extraction process.
Introduction To Rick Simpson Oil (RSO) And Its Benefits
Rick Simpson Oil (RSO) has gained popularity as a highly concentrated Cannabis oil that contains THC levels in the 90% range. This potent oil can be taken orally or used topically to treat, cure, and ease symptoms of many illnesses. It has been reported to have numerous benefits, including reducing seizures, providing natural pain relief, and stabilizing blood sugar levels.
The recommended dosing for RSO is to consume 60 grams in a 90-day period. To start, in the first week, take 3 doses a day, each about the size of half a grain of rice. After the first week, double the dose every 4 days until reaching the recommended 1 gram RSO dose per day.
Supplies Needed To Make RSO In A Rice Cooker
To make RSO in a rice cooker, you will need the following supplies:
- 1 ounce of decarbed Indica strain cannabis
- A tall mason jar
- A shorter wide-mouth mason jar
- A blender
- A rice cooker or crockpot
- An infrared thermometer
- A table fan
- A rubber band
- Everclear (alcohol)
It is advised to make your own RSO to ensure safety and quality. Additionally, consult a doctor before using RSO to determine the appropriate dosage and administration method for your specific needs and condition.
Step-By-Step Process To Make RSO Using A Rice Cooker
Follow these steps to make RSO in a rice cooker:
- Grind 1 ounce of Indica strain cannabis in a blender.
- Pour the ground cannabis into the tall mason jar.
- Cover the cannabis with Everclear.
- Stir and mash the cannabis in the jar.
- Freeze the mixture for 45 minutes.
- Strain the mixture into the wide-mouth mason jar using cheesecloth.
- Extract the remaining liquid by squeezing the cheesecloth.
- Place the wide-mouth mason jar into the rice cooker pot.
- Pour enough water into the rice cooker pot to reach the height of the cannabis in the jar.
- Set the rice cooker to the lowest heat setting or the “warm” setting for older rice cookers.
- Stay with the rice cooker the entire time and keep a close eye on the temperature.
- Use an infrared thermometer to ensure that the water temperature does not exceed 240 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The cooking process typically takes 2-3 hours until the mixture becomes a dark syrup and stays in place when the jar is held sideways.
- Once the mixture reaches the desired consistency, remove it from the rice cooker and let it cool.
- Transfer the cooled RSO into a syringe without a needle or pill capsules for storage.
Recommended Dosage And Administration Methods Of RSO
The recommended dosage for RSO is 60 grams in a 90-day period. The specific dosage and administration methods (such as pill capsules, suppository capsules, or taking orally) are not covered in this article, as it is advised to research proper dosages separately and consult a medical professional for personalized advice.
RSO can be stored in a syringe without a needle or in pill capsules for easy and accurate dosing. It is important to store RSO in a cool, dark place to maintain its potency and freshness.
Important Tips And Precautions For Making RSO Safely
When making RSO in a rice cooker, it is essential to follow these important tips and precautions:
Make RSO in a well-ventilated area or outside to ensure good airflow and remove fumes from the cooking area. If not possible, make sure to do it next to an open window with a fan pushing fumes out.
Use only Everclear (alcohol) for the extraction process, not rubbing alcohol.
Do not allow the water temperature in the rice cooker to rise above 240 degrees Fahrenheit, as exceeding this temperature can compromise the quality of the RSO.
Stay with the rice cooker the entire time to monitor the process and ensure safety.
RSO is not considered an addictive substance; however, it is important to use it responsibly and under the guidance of a medical professional.
Conclusion And Final Thoughts On RSO And Its Uses
Making RSO in a rice cooker can be a cost-effective and efficient way to produce high-quality cannabis oil. RSO has been reported to have numerous benefits, including reducing seizures, providing natural pain relief, and stabilizing blood sugar levels.
It is crucial to ensure that RSO is made in a safe and controlled environment, following proper instructions and precautions. Consult a doctor or medical professional before using RSO to determine the appropriate dosage and administration method for your specific needs.
Remember to store RSO in a cool, dark place to maintain its potency and freshness. With the proper knowledge and guidelines, RSO can be a valuable addition to your wellness routine.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best method for RSO oil?
The best method for using RSO oil is to apply it sublingually. By placing the oil under the tongue or between the gums and cheek, the medicinal properties are quickly absorbed into the bloodstream. This efficient absorption allows for the therapeutic effects of RSO to be experienced more rapidly and effectively. Additionally, applying RSO oil sublingually allows for a slow dissolution over time, ensuring a sustained release of the medicinal contents for prolonged therapeutic benefits.
Is there a machine to make RSO?
Absolutely! ExtractCraft Equipment offers a machine specifically designed for making RSO or FECO. With our equipment, you can effortlessly create the highest quality RSO or FECO. It’s a simple and efficient process, making it one of the easiest products to produce using our machines.
Can you cook RSO in oven?
No, it is not recommended to cook RSO in the oven at high temperatures such as 350°F. High temperatures can cause THC to degrade or burn off entirely. To preserve the potency of RSO, it is best to set the oven at a lower temperature range, preferably between 200°F to 250°F, with 250°F being the recommended temperature.
What is the process of making RSO?
To make RSO, the process begins with combining flower material and alcohol in a large container. This mixture is thoroughly stirred and crushed to ensure proper extraction. Once the alcohol has absorbed the desired compounds from the plant material, it is separated from the remaining contents. The next step involves heating the mixture in a container, typically a rice cooker, to allow the residual alcohol to evaporate. This process results in the extraction of potent compounds found in the plant material, creating RSO.