How to Make S’Mores in Toaster Oven?
To make S’mores in a toaster oven, you will need marshmallows, graham crackers, and a chocolate bar.
Place a marshmallow on a graham cracker square and top it with a piece of chocolate.
Set your toaster oven to the Broil setting and cook the S’mores for about 2-3 minutes until the marshmallows are golden on top.
If the marshmallows are browning too fast, adjust the oven rack or lower the broiler temperature.
Alternatively, you can bake the S’mores at 400°F or 375°F in a convection toaster oven for about 3-4 minutes.
If your toaster oven has an air fryer setting, you can also use that at 325°F for approximately 90 seconds.
Remember, the air fryer method may lack the campfire flavor achieved with the broiler method.
- Gather marshmallows, graham crackers, and a chocolate bar
- Place marshmallow and chocolate on graham cracker square
- Set toaster oven to Broil and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Adjust oven rack or lower broiler temperature if browning too fast
- Alternatively, bake at 400°F or 375°F for 3-4 minutes in convection toaster oven
- Use air fryer setting at 325°F for about 90 seconds, but it may lack campfire flavor.
Did You Know?
1. In 1927, the Girl Scouts published the first-ever documented recipe for S’mores in their official handbook called “Tramping and Trailing with the Girl Scouts.”
2. The word “S’more” is a contraction for “some more.” The name originated from the fact that people usually wanted to have another serving after trying the delicious treat for the first time.
3. The world record for the largest S’more ever made weighs a whopping 1,600 pounds! This gigantic S’more was created in the town of Honesdale, Pennsylvania, in 2014.
4. While the classic S’mores recipe involves Graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate, countless creative variations exist. Some people use different types of chocolate, such as peanut butter cups or white chocolate, and substitute the Graham crackers with items like waffles or cookies.
5. S’mores have become so popular that National S’mores Day is celebrated on August 10th every year in the United States. This trendy holiday gives people the opportunity to indulge in these gooey treats and explore new S’mores recipes.
Prepare The Ingredients
To make S’mores in a toaster oven, follow these steps:
- Gather all the necessary ingredients:
- Graham crackers
Chocolate bar (preferably milk chocolate)
Arrange the ingredients on a baking sheet or toaster oven-safe pan.
Preheat the toaster oven to a medium-high heat setting.
Place the marshmallows on top of the graham crackers, making sure to evenly distribute them.
Break the chocolate bar into individual pieces and place them on top of the marshmallows.
Carefully place the baking sheet or pan into the toaster oven.
Toast the S’mores for a few minutes, keeping a close eye on them to avoid burning.
Once the marshmallows have melted and the chocolate has slightly melted, remove the pan from the toaster oven.
Allow the S’mores to cool for a minute or two before serving.
Remember, the key to perfect S’mores is achieving a gooey and melted marshmallow with a slightly melted chocolate bar. Enjoy!
“Nothing beats the taste of homemade S’mores straight from the toaster oven!”
The broiling method is an efficient way to make S’mores in a toaster oven. Here’s how you do it:
- Place a marshmallow on a graham cracker square.
- Add a piece of chocolate on top of the marshmallow.
- Set your toaster oven to the Broil setting.
- The high heat will help the marshmallows melt and turn golden on top, giving them that classic S’mores appearance.
Remember to monitor the process closely to avoid burning the marshmallows!
That’s it, you’re ready to enjoy your delicious S’mores!
- Don’t forget to place the marshmallow on a graham cracker.
- Use a toaster oven set to Broil for optimal results.
- Keep a close eye on the marshmallows to prevent burning.
“There is nothing quite like the taste of a perfectly broiled S’mores.”
Adjusting Broiler Settings
While broiling the S’mores, it is crucial to monitor the toasting process to avoid burning. If the marshmallows are browning too fast, you can either:
- Move the oven rack to a lower level or
- Lower the broiler temperature.
This adjustment allows for even toasting and ensures that the marshmallows reach the desired golden consistency without charring too much.
Alternatively, you can opt for the baking method to make S’mores. Here’s how:
- Preheat the toaster oven to either 400°F or 375°F in a convection setting.
- Assemble the S’mores by placing marshmallows and chocolate on graham crackers.
- Once the toaster oven reaches the desired temperature, place the S’mores on a baking sheet or directly on the oven rack.
- Bake them for around 3-4 minutes.
- Keep a close eye on them to achieve the ideal level of toasting.
Remember, the baking method provides a slightly different texture compared to the traditional open flame method, but it’s a great alternative option.
- Don’t forget to preheat the toaster oven.
- Use a baking sheet or oven rack for even heat distribution.
- Aim for a perfect balance of toasted marshmallows and melted chocolate.
“Baking S’mores in a toaster oven offers a convenient and controlled cooking process, ensuring a delightful treat.”
Preheating The Toaster Oven
To ensure even cooking and optimal results, always preheat the toaster oven before assembling and baking or broiling the S’mores. Preheating helps maintain a consistent temperature throughout the cooking process, resulting in evenly toasted marshmallows and perfectly melted chocolate. Set the toaster oven to a baking setting and allow it to heat up for a few minutes before adding the S’mores.
- Preheat the toaster oven before assembling and baking or broiling the S’mores.
- Set the toaster oven to a baking setting.
- Allow the toaster oven to heat up for a few minutes before adding the S’mores.
Air Fryer Method
If your toaster oven has an air fryer setting, you can utilize it to make S’mores. This method offers a slightly different cooking experience compared to broiling or baking. Here’s how you can do it:
- Set the temperature to 325°F.
- Place your S’mores in the air fryer basket.
- Cook them for approximately 90 seconds, or until the marshmallows become soft and gooey, while still maintaining their shape.
Keep in mind that this method may lack the distinct campfire flavor obtained when using the broiler or baking methods.
Making S’mores in a toaster oven is a delicious way to enjoy this classic campfire treat. Whether you choose the broiling, baking, or air fryer method, following the correct temperature and cooking times will ensure perfectly toasted marshmallows and melted chocolate. Don’t be afraid to get creative and try different variations:
- Experiment with various crackers.
- Add flavored chocolate bars or candy.
- Incorporate fresh fruit and peanut butter for an extra burst of flavor.
So fire up your toaster oven and indulge in the delightful goodness of homemade S’mores!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you roast in a toaster oven?
Absolutely! You can certainly roast in a toaster oven. Whether it’s roasting veggies or cooking chicken breast, using rimmed sheet pans or the included cooking tray will work perfectly fine. In fact, you can use pretty much any pan you would typically use in a regular oven as long as it fits inside and the door can still close. So, feel free to get creative and explore various roasting options using your toaster oven!
What cannot be cooked in toaster oven?
Toaster ovens are not suitable for cooking fatty or greasy foods due to the risk of causing a fire. The exposed heating elements in some toaster ovens can be a potential hazard when fats and oils drip onto them, making it essential to avoid cooking these types of foods in toaster ovens to ensure safety in the kitchen.
Can I use aluminum foil in toaster oven?
While it is possible to use aluminum foil in a toaster oven, caution must be exercised. Cut the foil to ensure that it does not come into contact with any surfaces or heating elements inside the oven, such as the walls, ceiling, or floor. It is important not to cover the broiling rack or the crumb tray, and to avoid leaving any loose ends. Opt for heavy-duty aluminum foil for added durability and safety.
Can you roast marshmallows in an electric oven?
Yes, it is possible to roast marshmallows in an electric oven. Simply place the marshmallow on a skewer or a metal rack and set the oven to broil. Allow the heat from the electric coils to gradually toast the marshmallow until it reaches the desired level of golden brown. However, it is important to keep a close eye on the marshmallow as it can quickly go from perfectly toasted to burnt.
While an electric stove can be used for roasting marshmallows, it is important to avoid using scented candles as an alternative. Although it may seem tempting, cooking a marshmallow over a scented candle can result in a less than ideal flavor and potentially be harmful if the candle’s composition includes ingredients that are not meant for consumption. It is best to stick to traditional methods such as an electric or gas stove for a delicious and safe roasted marshmallow experience.