How to Unlock Frigidaire Dishwasher?
To unlock a Frigidaire dishwasher, look for the Lock or Loc backlight, and press and hold the Delay Start button for 3 to 5 seconds until the lock backlight turns off.
This will disable the lock system and allow you to start or adjust a wash cycle.
If the dishwasher is still stuck in lock mode, try a hard reset by unplugging the power cord from the circuit box for 30 seconds and then restoring power.
If the lock function remains engaged, it is recommended to consult a trained professional for further assistance.
- Look for the Lock or Loc backlight
- Press and hold the Delay Start button for 3 to 5 seconds until the backlight turns off
- This will disable the lock system
- Allows starting or adjusting a wash cycle
- If still stuck in lock mode, try a hard reset by unplugging power cord for 30 seconds and then restoring power
- If lock function remains engaged, consult a trained professional for assistance.
Did You Know?
1. The Frigidaire company was originally known as the Guardian Frigerator Company when it was founded in 1916, and it only changed its name to Frigidaire in 1919.
2. The first ever Frigidaire dishwasher was introduced to the market in 1949, and it revolutionized the way households cleaned their dishes, saving them hours of manual labor.
3. To keep up with changing design trends, Frigidaire has released dishwashers in a wide range of colors throughout the years, including vibrant hues like pink, turquoise, and even gold.
4. Frigidaire dishwashers have a secret “lock” mode that can be utilized by pressing and holding the “Heat Dry” button for three seconds. This feature prevents any accidental button presses or changes in settings during a cleaning cycle.
5. In 2021, Frigidaire introduced Smart Dishwashers with integrated Wi-Fi capabilities. You can control and monitor your dishwasher through an app on your phone, allowing you to start or pause a cycle, receive notifications, and even order replacement parts directly from your mobile device.
1. Engaging And Disengaging The Lock System
The lock system on a Frigidaire dishwasher is designed to prevent unauthorized users from starting or stopping a wash cycle. When the lock or loc backlight is turned on, it indicates that the lock system is engaged.
To turn off the lock system, follow these steps:
- Locate the Delay Start button on the dishwasher control panel.
- Press and hold the Delay Start button for 3 to 5 seconds or until the Lock backlight is turned off.
- Once the Lock backlight is off, the dishwasher is now unlocked and ready for use.
It is important to note that when the lock function is engaged, you cannot start a new wash cycle or adjust the wash programs. Therefore, it is crucial to unlock the dishwasher before attempting to use it.
2. The Purpose And Benefits Of The Child Lock System
The primary purpose of the child lock system in a Frigidaire dishwasher is to prevent unauthorized access and promote safety. By engaging the lock system, it ensures that only authorized individuals can operate the dishwasher. This feature is particularly essential to prevent accidental button pressing by children or pets, which could lead to water and electricity wastage or damage to the dishwasher.
Aside from safety concerns, the child lock system also helps in maintaining the integrity of the wash cycle. Once engaged, it ensures that the selected wash program is not accidentally changed or interrupted, resulting in a consistent and effective washing performance.
3. Unlocking The Frigidaire Dishwasher With Stainless Steel Tubs
To unlock a Frigidaire dishwasher with a stainless steel tub, simply follow these steps:
- Look for the Lock backlight on the control panel.
- Press and hold the Delay Start button for 3 to 5 seconds.
- Release the Delay Start button once the Lock backlight is turned off.
- The dishwasher is now unlocked and ready to be used.
Remember to use the Delay Start button specifically when unlocking a Frigidaire dishwasher with stainless steel tubs.
- Ensure you follow these steps precisely for a successful unlock:
- Locate the Lock backlight.
- Hold the Delay Start button for 3 to 5 seconds.
- Release the Delay Start button when the Lock backlight turns off.
4. Unlocking The Frigidaire Dishwasher With Plastic Tubs
To unlock a Frigidaire dishwasher with plastic tubs, follow these steps:
- Look for the Loc backlight on the control panel.
- Press and hold the Delay Start button for 3 to 5 seconds.
- Once the Loc backlight is turned off, release the Delay Start button.
- The dishwasher is now unlocked and ready for use.
It is important to differentiate between the Lock backlight for stainless steel tubs and the Loc backlight for plastic tubs when unlocking the dishwasher.
5. Additional Troubleshooting Steps For Stuck Lock Mode
If you have followed the previous steps and your Frigidaire dishwasher is still stuck in lock mode, further troubleshooting may be required. In such cases, a hard reset is recommended. Here’s what you need to do:
- After completing a wash cycle and ensuring that the dishwasher is at a complete stop, unplug the power cord from the outlet.
- Go to your circuit box and find the breaker that controls the dishwasher’s power supply.
- Turn off the breaker related to the dishwasher and leave it off for about 30 seconds.
- Restore the power by turning the breaker for the dishwasher back on.
- Follow the unlocking steps described in the previous sections for stainless steel or plastic tubs.
Performing a hard reset can often resolve any issues with a stuck lock mode. By cutting off the power supply completely, it resets the dishwasher’s internal system and may clear the lock function.
6. Seeking Professional Help For Persistent Lock Issues
In the rare event that your Frigidaire dishwasher continues to experience persistent lock issues, despite following the previous troubleshooting steps, it may indicate a faulty control board. In such instances, it is recommended to consult a trained professional for further assistance.
An expert technician will be able to diagnose the problem accurately and provide proper repair or replacement solutions for the dishwasher’s control board. Attempting to fix complex electrical issues without adequate knowledge or experience may lead to further damage or potential safety hazards.
By following these step-by-step instructions, you can easily unlock your Frigidaire dishwasher and address any lock-related issues effectively. Remember to engage the lock system when necessary to ensure the safety of your dishwasher and prevent unauthorized access.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the LOC code on a Frigidaire dishwasher?
The LOC code on a Frigidaire dishwasher stands for the Child Lock function. When “loc” is displayed on the control panel, it means that all control panel functions are locked to prevent accidental start. To remove this lock, simply press and hold the Delay Start button until the “loc” message disappears from the control panel. It’s a helpful feature that ensures the dishwasher remains safe and secure from any unintended operation.
How do you reset a Frigidaire dishwasher?
To reset a Frigidaire dishwasher, first ensure that the dishwasher is turned off for a few minutes. Afterward, press and hold the “start” button for a brief moment, which is typically situated above the “cancel” button. If the reset is effective, any error code should no longer be visible, indicating a successful reset.
Why is my dishwasher locked?
Your dishwasher may be locked because of the Control Lock feature, designed to prevent any interference during a cycle. This feature ensures that children or anyone accidentally starting or interrupting a cycle remains unlikely. However, you can still utilize the DELAY START option, which remains unaffected by the Control Lock/Child Lock feature. So rest assured, your dishwasher is locked for your convenience and safety, offering peace of mind while maintaining functionality.
Why is my dishwasher locked and won’t start?
A possible reason for a locked dishwasher that won’t start could be a faulty door latch. You can attempt to release the door by applying firm pressure on the latch, but if this doesn’t resolve the issue, it may be necessary to replace the latch altogether. Additionally, a malfunctioning control panel could also be the culprit behind the locked dishwasher. In such cases, it might be necessary to have the control panel repaired or replaced to restore functionality.