How Wide Are Stoves?
Stoves can vary in width, but on average, KitchenAid stoves are typically 30 inches wide.
However, stove dimensions can range between 30 and 38 inches or more.
Compact-sized stoves are usually 20 to 24 inches wide, while commercial-sized stoves are typically 30 to 36 inches wide.
To accurately measure for a new kitchen range, you should follow a step-by-step guide, including measuring the cutout width from cabinet to cabinet, the cutout depth from the wall to the front of the cabinet, and the cutout height from the floor to the top of countertops.
- KitchenAid stoves are typically 30 inches wide
- Stove dimensions can range between 30 and 38 inches or more
- Compact-sized stoves are usually 20 to 24 inches wide
- Commercial-sized stoves are typically 30 to 36 inches wide
- Accurate measurement for a new kitchen range includes measuring cutout width, cutout depth, and cutout height
- Specific measuring steps include:
- Measuring from cabinet to cabinet
- Measuring from the wall to the front of the cabinet
- Measuring from the floor to the top of countertops
Did You Know?
1. Stoves were initially designed wider to accommodate the large pots used for cooking over open fires. As cooking techniques evolved, so did the width of stoves, which now commonly measure between 20 and 36 inches wide.
2. In the early 20th century, apartment buildings often had tiny, narrow stoves called “vest pocket stoves” because of their compact size. These stoves were designed to fit into the limited kitchen space typical of urban apartments.
3. The first electric stove, developed in the late 19th century, was made wide to fit the available technology. However, as electric burners became more advanced and efficient, stoves gradually became narrower to save space without sacrificing cooking capabilities.
4. Stoves in some European countries, such as France, often feature a narrower width compared to those found in the United States. This is due to cultural differences in cooking practices and kitchen layouts, where smaller stoves are favored for their simplicity and efficiency.
5. Miniature stoves, measuring only a few inches wide, gained popularity in the early 1900s as collectibles and toys. These tiny stoves were often intricately designed with functioning parts and were appreciated for their craftsmanship and novelty.
Typical Dimensions Of Kitchenaid Stoves
When it comes to kitchen appliances, size is a crucial consideration. Knowing the dimensions of a stove is essential to ensure that it fits your kitchen space and meets your cooking needs. For instance, KitchenAid stoves are typically designed with a width of 30 inches, a height of 36 inches, and a depth ranging from 25 to 27 inches. These dimensions make KitchenAid a popular choice for homeowners, as they provide a standard size that fits well in most kitchens.
The 30-inch width of KitchenAid stoves ensures compatibility with standard cabinet sizes and provides a sufficient cooking surface area. Additionally, the 36-inch height guarantees that the stove is at an ergonomic level for most individuals, making it comfortable to reach and use. Moreover, the depth of 25 to 27 inches offers ample space for the oven and stovetop, allowing for efficient cooking and baking.
Range Of Stove Sizes Available
KitchenAid stoves, like others, typically measure 30 inches wide. However, it is important to note that stove dimensions can vary significantly. Stoves can range in width from 30 to 38 inches or even wider, catering to different kitchen designs and personal preferences. Offering a variety of sizes allows stove manufacturers to provide options that seamlessly fit into diverse kitchen layouts.
The wider dimensions available for stoves beyond the standard 30-inch width are particularly beneficial for those who need a larger cooking surface. These wider stoves can accommodate more pots and pans at the same time, making it easier to prepare elaborate meals or cater to a larger number of people. Moreover, a wider stove provides the opportunity to have more burners or additional features, such as a griddle or grill.
Size Range For Compact Stoves
Not all kitchens have ample space for a full-size stove, but that doesn’t mean you have to compromise on functionality. Compact-sized stoves are designed specifically for smaller kitchens or apartments and typically measure between 20 to 24 inches wide. These stoves maintain a standard height of 36 inches and have a depth of 25 to 27 inches, similar to their larger counterparts.
Compact stoves offer the convenience of a full-size stove in a smaller package. They can fit snugly into limited kitchen spaces while still providing essential cooking capabilities. Whether you have a tiny studio apartment or a cozy kitchenette, a compact stove allows you to enjoy cooking without sacrificing precious floor space.
Size Range For Commercial Stoves
If you are a cooking enthusiast, a professional chef, or someone who frequently hosts large gatherings, a commercial-sized stove might be the perfect fit for you. Commercial stoves are typically wider than standard stoves, ranging from 30 to 36 inches in width. They maintain the same height of 36 inches as most stoves but may have a slightly greater depth, ranging from 25 to 30 inches.
The wider dimensions of commercial stoves provide a larger cooking surface, allowing for the simultaneous preparation of multiple dishes. For those who frequently entertain or cook in large quantities, the increased stove width comes as a significant advantage. With more burners and additional features like griddles, commercial stoves offer enhanced versatility for professional or heavy-duty cooking requirements.
Step-By-Step Guide To Measuring For A New Kitchen Range
When it comes time to replace your kitchen range, measuring accurately is crucial to ensure the new appliance fits seamlessly into your kitchen. Follow this step-by-step guide to measure for a new kitchen range:
Step 1: Remove the current range to get accurate measurements. Take out the old range and clear the area to measure without any obstructions.
Step 2: Measure the cutout width from cabinet to cabinet, including the width of countertops if they extend into the cutout. This will give you the maximum width that your new range can occupy.
Step 3: Measure the cutout depth from the wall to the front of the cabinet, excluding the door. It is important to measure the depth accurately to ensure that the new range aligns with your existing cabinets.
Step 4: Measure the cutout height from the floor to the top of countertops. This measurement will help you determine whether any adjustments need to be made to the height of the new range.
By following these steps and obtaining accurate measurements, you can confidently search for a new kitchen range that will fit perfectly in your kitchen layout.
Frequently Asked Questions
How wide is a standard stove?
The width of a standard stove is typically around 30 inches. This size is specifically chosen to fit within standard cabinet cutouts that measure approximately 34-1/4 inches wide. These dimensions allow for a seamless integration of the stove into kitchen designs, ensuring a uniform and functional layout.
How wide is a wide stove?
When it comes to stove widths, the range can vary depending on the type. Single-oven commercial-style ranges typically range from 30 to 36 inches wide. However, if you’re looking for a double-oven commercial-style range, you can expect it to be wider, ranging from 48 to 60 inches and sometimes even larger. For restaurant-grade ranges, the size variation can be even more extensive.
How wide is a stove in CM?
Stove widths can vary depending on the size and design. While standard ranges typically measure 30 inches (76.2 cm) wide, there are variations within this size. Compact stoves offer a narrower option, ranging from 20 to 24 inches (50.8–60.9 cm) wide, making them ideal for smaller spaces where space optimization is essential.
What is the width of a cooktop stove?
Cooktop stoves come in various widths to meet the needs of different spaces. Generally, the width of a cooktop stove can vary from 15 to 36 inches, catering to both compact apartments and spacious kitchens. For those seeking more room to unleash their culinary creativity, commercial-sized cooktops are available, spanning from 30 to even 48 inches wide, and occasionally even larger.