Bentonville, arkansas is a great place to live. With low crime rates, affordable housing, and a strong sense of community, it’s no wonder why many people love calling this place home.
Located in the northwest corner of the state, bentonville has a population of approximately 50,000 people. It’s known for being the birthplace of walmart, which is headquartered in the city. However, there is more to bentonville than its connection to the retail giant.
The city boasts a beautiful downtown area with plenty of restaurants and shops, as well as outdoor activities like hiking and mountain biking. Additionally, the cost of living is relatively low, making it an affordable option for families and professionals. The school system is also highly rated, providing a quality education for children. Overall, bentonville is a wonderful place to live for those looking for a strong sense of community and affordability.
Bentonville Arkansas: A Thriving Hub Of Culture And Opportunity
If you are looking for a small town with big-city amenities, look no further than bentonville, arkansas. This charming city is nestled in the northwest corner of the state and is quickly becoming one of the most popular places to live in the region.
An Overview Of Bentonville Arkansas
Bentonville has been hailed as one of the fastest-growing cities in the nation, thanks in part to its thriving economy and vibrant arts scene. Below are some quick stats about the city:
- Population: 54,909
- Median home price: $267,400
- Commute time: 20 minutes
- Unemployment rate: 3.1%
Bentonville’s Thriving Economy: Opportunities For Business And Employment
Bentonville is home to some of the world’s largest companies, including walmart and tyson foods. The city’s economy is strong, driven by manufacturing, retail, healthcare, and hospitality industries. Here are some key points about bentonville’s economy:
- Walmart’s world headquarters is located in bentonville, providing numerous job opportunities for locals.
- The unemployment rate in bentonville is consistently below the national average, making it an attractive location for job seekers.
- Retail and food service are among the top industries in bentonville, followed by healthcare and manufacturing.
A Booming Arts Scene: Bentonville’s Cultural Hotspots
Bentonville has become a cultural hub in recent years, with a variety of renowned museums, festivals, and attractions. The city has something to offer for everyone, no matter what your interests are. Here are some must-see cultural attractions in bentonville:
- Crystal bridges museum of american art: A world-famous museum with a stunning collection of american art, indoor and outdoor exhibits, and free admission.
- Momentary: A contemporary art museum with rotating exhibits and a focus on interdisciplinary collaborations.
- Bentonville film festival: A yearly festival promoting gender and racial diversity in the film industry, founded by actress geena davis.
Reasons Why People Are Choosing To Move To Bentonville
Bentonville has gained a lot of popularity over the years, and for good reason. Here are some reasons why people are choosing to move to bentonville:
- Cost of living: Compared to other cities in the u.s., bentonville boasts a relatively low cost of living, making it an attractive location for those looking to save money.
- Quality of life: With its excellent schools, low crime rates, and plenty of things to do, bentonville offers a high quality of life.
- Natural beauty: Bentonville is surrounded by some of the most picturesque natural landscapes in the country, including the ozark mountains and the buffalo national river.
Bentonville arkansas is a thriving hub of culture and opportunity. Its lively arts scene, booming economy, and high quality of life make it an ideal destination for those looking to move to the area. With plenty of attractions for all ages and interests, bentonville is definitely worth checking out.
Bentonville’s Low Cost Of Living: A Hidden Gem
Bentonville, arkansas, the birthplace of walmart, is a hidden gem in terms of low cost of living. Living in bentonville is significantly cheaper than other cities in the country, making it a great option for people who are looking for an affordable place to live.
Below are some factors that you should consider before you decide to move to bentonville.
Living Costs In Bentonville Compared To Other Cities
Living in bentonville could save you a lot of money when compared to other cities. Here are some facts:
- The cost of living in bentonville is 17.4% lower than the national average.
- Health care in bentonville is 16.6% cheaper than the national average.
- Housing in bentonville is 39.9% cheaper than the national average.
- Transportation in bentonville is 11.6% cheaper than the national average.
- Bentonville has the 11th lowest tax burden in the country.
Affordable Housing In Bentonville
Housing in bentonville is very affordable, and you will be able to get more for your money when compared to other cities. Here are some key facts about housing in bentonville:
- The median home cost in bentonville is $226,500.
- You can get a decent-sized apartment for around $800 per month.
- Bentonville has a wide range of affordable housing options available, making it an excellent option for people who are on a budget.
Why Bentonville Is A Great Place To Raise A Family
Bentonville is a great place to raise a family, thanks to its low cost of living, excellent schools, and a wide range of family-friendly activities. Here are some reasons why bentonville is a great place to raise a family:
- Bentonville is home to some of the best schools in the state, including bentonville high school, which has a 97% graduation rate.
- Bentonville is home to crystal bridges museum of american art, which features artwork from some of the most famous artists in history.
- Bentonville has a variety of parks and recreational areas that are perfect for families. Some examples include memorial park, lake bella vista, and crystal bridges trails.
The Benefits Of Living In A Cheaper Area
Living in a cheaper area like bentonville has many benefits. Here are some reasons why living in a cheaper area could be good for you:
- You will be able to save more money when you live in bentonville, which could allow you to achieve your financial goals faster.
- When you live in bentonville, you will be able to afford a higher standard of living than you would in other cities.
- When you live in a cheaper area like bentonville, you will be able to spend more on things that are important to you, like travel or hobbies.
Bentonville is a great place to live if you are looking for an affordable and family-friendly city. With its low cost of living, excellent schools, and a wide range of family-friendly activities, bentonville has a lot to offer. So, if you are looking for a great place to call home, bentonville is worth considering.
Bentonville’s Natural Beauty: An Oasis In The Heartland
Bentonville, arkansas, is synonymous with natural beauty, and for a good reason. It’s an oasis in the heartland where you can explore breathtaking scenery, remarkable landmarks, and tranquil green spaces. In this section, we’ll take a closer look at the beauty of bentonville, including its parks, outdoor activities, biking culture, and best trails.
A Look At Bentonville’s Parks And Scenic Landmarks
Bentonville boasts of an incredible park system that will capture your heart with its serenity and beauty. Here are some of the most notable parks and scenic landmarks you can explore:
- Crystal bridges museum of american art – this art museum’s unique architecture perfectly complements the natural beauty surrounding it. Visitors can stroll through the outdoor sculpture gardens and soak in the beautiful scenery.
- Compton gardens and conference center- a stunning botanical garden where visitors can enjoy nature trails that wind through beautiful wooded areas.
- Lawrence plaza- a park for events and festivals, featuring an outdoor ice skating rink, splash pad, and unique playground equipment.
- Lake bella vista – a serene lake with a walking trail, fishing dock, and picnic area.
The Best Outdoor Activities In Bentonville
Whether you’re an adventure-seeker or simply looking for some outdoor fun, bentonville has it all. Here are some must-try outdoor activities:
- Zip line tours – enjoy sight-seeing in a unique way by ziplining through the ozark mountains.
- Kayaking – rent a kayak from the nearby white river and paddle down the river for a beautiful scenic experience.
- Horseback riding – explore the natural beauty of bentonville on horseback with guided tours that offer fantastic views of the surrounding mountains.
- Golfing – tee off at one of the many golf courses in bentonville, featuring challenging courses with stunning backdrops.
Bentonville’s Biking Culture: A Cyclist’s Paradise
Bentonville has gained a reputation as a cycling heaven due to its outstanding biking trails, some of which cater to all skill levels. Here are some of the top biking trails that every cyclist should try out:
- Slaughter pen trail – a trail that offers stunning views of rock formations, forests, and ravines.
- Back 40 trail – a 27-mile singletrack trail that provides the perfect blend of natural beauty and challenging terrain.
- The razorback greenway – this trail stretches over 36 miles of paved paths, offering some of the best cycling routes in bentonville.
Taking A Hike: Bentonville’s Best Trails And Nature Walks
Bentonville’s natural beauty extends well beyond bike trails and parks. It’s also home to an array of hiking trails that offer breathtaking scenery. Here are some of the best trails and nature walks to explore:
- Coler mountain bike preserve – a nature preserve that offers several hiking trails in the midst of bentonville’s stunning scenic beauty.
- Hobbs state park – a state park with over 13,000 acres of forests and trails for visitors to explore.
- Tanyard creek nature trail – a 1.2 mile scenic hiking trail that follows tanyard creek and passes by two waterfalls.
There’s no denying that bentonville, arkansas, is a natural beauty that offers a unique appeal to its residents and visitors. From parks and scenic landmarks to outdoor activities, biking trails, and hiking trails, bentonville’s beauty is all-encompassing and just waiting to be explored.
Restaurants, Brands, And Stores: Experiencing Bentonville’s Unique Flair
Dining In Bentonville: Where To Find The Best Cuisine
Bentonville boasts of a diverse range of dining options that will tantalize your taste buds. Whether you’re a foodie or prefer simple meals, you’ll find something to savor here. Here are some of the dining hotspots worth exploring:
- The hive: This restaurant blends modern and southern cuisine, offering dishes like wood-grilled trout and the famous pimento cheese dip.
- Tusk & trotter: Known for its pork-based dishes, tusk & trotter is a farm-to-table establishment that also serves smoked brisket, steak and creative cocktails.
- Sushi house: This cozy spot serves delicious sushi rolls, noodles and japanese-inspired appetizers.
- Oven and tap: Here you’ll find wood-fired pizzas, charcuterie boards, and mediterranean-inspired small plates. Be sure to try the grilled romaine salad or the cavatelli pasta.
Bentonville’s Best Brands: The Unique Offerings Of Local Businesses
Bentonville is a great place to discover new brands and unique offerings. Here are some of the best local brands that are worth checking out:
- Bike rack brewing co.: Enjoy a cold beer at this independent brewery that offers a variety of craft beers and live music on occasion.
- Onyx coffee lab: This local coffee lab has won national awards and serves specialty coffee like espresso, pour-overs and seasonal blends.
- Hazel’s haven: You can’t leave bentonville without checking out hazel’s haven, a local favorite for unique gifts, clothes and accessories.
- Crystal bridges museum of american art: Although not a brand, crystal bridges museum showcases american art in a stately setting surrounded by nature.
Shopping In Bentonville: A Window Into The City’s History
Shopping in bentonville is a delightful experience full of historical significance. Here are some of the top places to shop:
- Bentonville square: This vibrant square hosts farmers markets, concerts, and community events. It is surrounded by unique stores and quaint cafes.
- The walmart museum: The store that put bentonville on the map, walmart offers a true shopping experience at its original store. Don’t forget to check out the walmart museum too, where visitors can witness the company’s history.
- Downtown bentonville inc.: This organization started by the walton family foundation is aimed at developing and promoting downtown bentonville. It helps to ensure that the history and heritage of bentonville are preserved while promoting economic growth.
A Look At Walmart: The Company’s Cultural Presence And Impact On Bentonville
Walmart is an undeniable part of bentonville’s culture and history. Here are a few things that set walmart apart:
- Walmart museum: Founded by the walton family, walmart has humble origins and properties. Bentonville’s walmart museum shows the journey of how sam walton started what became one of the world’s largest retailers.
- Walmart home office tour: You can take a one-hour tour around the home office of walmart. You can learn about the company’s sustainability initiatives, and innovation practices.
- Community grants and achievements: Walmart runs a range of community engagement and giving programs, supporting local schools, families and raising money for charitable purposes. You can learn how walmart is giving back to the community and making a positive impact.
In bentonville, you will find plenty of activities and attractions to enjoy. From fantastic dining options to local brands and shops, you are sure to find something special here.
Happenings And Events: The Exciting Life In Bentonville
Bentonville, arkansas is not only the birthplace of walmart, but it’s also a beautiful place to live. With a population of just over 50,000 people, bentonville is a charming and tight-knit community that offers a high quality of life. With plenty of activities and events, there is always something to do in bentonville.
Bentonville’s Unmissable Annual Festivals
Bentonville is home to many festivals that showcase the community’s culture and history. Some of the unmissable annual festivals include:
- Bentonville film festival
- Bentonville art and culinary festival
- First fridays
Aside from the annual festivals, there are also countless smaller events throughout the year that celebrate the community’s culture. From farmers’ markets to charity events and galas, bentonville has something to offer everyone.
Exciting Events And Gatherings That Define Bentonville’s Community
Bentonville’s community is defined by its people and the events they attend. These events are the lifeblood of the community and bring everyone together. Some of the more exciting events and gatherings in bentonville include:
- The square dance at the walmart museum
- The annual christmas parade
- Live music at meteor guitar gallery
- Compton gardens summer concert series
From classic events like the christmas parade to more unique events like the square dance at the walmart museum, there is always something to look forward to in bentonville.
The Bentonville Film Festival: An Emerging Cultural Gem
The bentonville film festival is a relatively new event that has already gained national recognition. Founded by geena davis, the festival showcases films that focus on women, minorities, and the lgbtq+ community. This event has quickly become a cultural gem of bentonville, drawing in people from all over the country to experience the festival’s unique programming.
Keeping Busy: Things To Do In Bentonville On A Day-To-Day Basis
When the festivals and events are over, there are still plenty of things to do in bentonville on a day-to-day basis. Some of the top things to do include:
- Visiting crystal bridges museum of american art
- Exploring the trails and parks
- Dining at local restaurants like tusk & trotter
- Shopping at the bentonville farmers’ market
Bentonville’s tight-knit community and stunning natural surroundings make it a great place to live. From attending the annual festivals to exploring the community’s ongoing events, there is never a dull moment in bentonville.
Frequently Asked Questions For Is Bentonville Arkansas A Good Place To Live
What Are The Cost Of Living In Bentonville, Arkansas?
The cost of living in bentonville is below the national average. The cost of housing, healthcare, and grocery is lower compared to other cities.
Is Bentonville, Arkansas A Good Place To Raise A Family?
Yes, bentonville is an excellent place to raise a family. You can find good schools, affordable homes, and a low crime rate.
What Are The Popular Attractions In Bentonville, Arkansas?
Crystal bridges museum of american art, the walmart museum, and compton gardens and trails are some of the popular attractions.
What Is The Population Of Bentonville, Arkansas?
As per the census reports of 2020, the population of bentonville is around 56,000.
What Is The Weather Like In Bentonville, Arkansas?
Bentonville experiences a humid subtropical climate with hot summers and mild winters. The average temperature during summer is 88°f, and during winter, it hovers around 32°f.
Is Bentonville, Arkansas A Safe Place To Live?
Bentonville has a low crime rate compared to other us cities. The bentonville police department actively monitors the city and assures safety.
Bentonville is a wonderful place to live. With a thriving economy and diverse community, it offers a high quality of life that is difficult to find elsewhere. From its charming downtown to its abundance of outdoor recreation opportunities, bentonville has something for everyone.
Its affordable cost of living, excellent schools, and low crime rate also make it an ideal place to raise a family. Moreover, the town’s commitment to sustainability and innovation make it an intriguing destination for young professionals as well. With so much to offer, it’s no surprise that bentonville has become a popular place to call home.
Whether you’re a lifelong resident or a newcomer, it’s easy to see why so many people have fallen in love with this special town.