What Is the Smallest Mini Split?
The smallest mini split available on the market is a 6,000 BTU unit.
Currently, only Mitsubishi and Midea produce units of this size.
These small units are capable of cooling up to 250 square feet or can be used as supplemental air conditioning in rooms where central AC is inadequate.
The Mitsubishi MSZ-AP 15/20 Mini Series is an example of a compact wall-mounted split-system air conditioning unit with the smallest indoor unit dimensions in the Australian market at 250 mm (h) x 760 mm (w).
Despite its small size, it operates at 1.5 / 2.0 kW cooling capacity, making it suitable for small rooms.
Additionally, it features flexible installation options, Wi-Fi control, and a Dual Barrier Coating that reduces dust and dirt.
The available models are MSZ-AP15VGD-A (1.5 kW cooling) and MSZ-AP20VGD-A (2.0 kW cooling).
- The smallest mini split available is a 6,000 BTU unit.
- Mitsubishi and Midea are the only companies that produce units this size.
- These small units can cool up to 250 square feet or be used as supplemental air conditioning for rooms with inadequate central AC.
- The Mitsubishi MSZ-AP 15/20 Mini Series is a compact wall-mounted split-system air conditioning unit with the smallest indoor unit dimensions in the Australian market.
- Despite its small size, it has a cooling capacity of 1.5/2.0 kW, making it suitable for small rooms.
- Features of this mini split include flexible installation options, Wi-Fi control, and a Dual Barrier Coating that reduces dust and dirt.
Did You Know?
1. The smallest mini split air conditioner available on the market is around 12 inches in height and 18 inches in width, making it compact enough to fit seamlessly into small spaces, such as closets or utility rooms.
2. The smallest mini split air conditioner has a cooling capacity of around 9,000 BTUs (British Thermal Units), which is enough to cool a room of approximately 350-400 square feet.
3. Despite its small size, the smallest mini split air conditioner typically has a high energy efficiency ratio (EER), meaning it can provide effective cooling while consuming less electricity compared to larger units.
4. To maximize space efficiency, the smallest mini split air conditioner often comes with a wall-mounted indoor unit, while the outdoor unit remains compact and lightweight, allowing for flexible installation options even in limited outdoor areas.
5. The smallest mini split air conditioner often features advanced technologies, such as WiFi connectivity, smart controls, and programmable timers, enabling users to remotely control their cooling system through their smartphones or other connected devices.
1. Smallest Mini Split Size: 6,000 Btu
When it comes to finding the perfect air conditioning solution for small spaces, the smallest mini split size available is 6,000 BTU.
BTU, or British Thermal Units, is a measurement used to determine the cooling capacity of an air conditioning unit. The smaller the unit, the fewer BTUs it will have.
While most mini split units on the market start with a minimum of 9,000 BTU, Mitsubishi and Midea have recognized the need for smaller options and have stepped up to meet this demand. The 6,000 BTU unit is the smallest size currently offered by these manufacturers, making it an ideal choice for compact spaces that require effective cooling.
- The smallest mini split size available is 6,000 BTU.
- BTU is a measurement used to determine cooling capacity.
- Mitsubishi and Midea offer the 6,000 BTU unit.
- Ideal for compact spaces that require effective cooling.
2. Manufacturers: Mitsubishi And Midea
Mitsubishi and Midea, two prominent manufacturers in the HVAC industry, are renowned for their cutting-edge and dependable air conditioning systems. Recognizing the demand for compact solutions, they are the sole manufacturers offering mini split units as small as 6,000 BTU.
Leveraging their extensive expertise in air conditioning technology, Mitsubishi and Midea have successfully engineered compact mini split units that deliver efficient cooling without compromising on space. Their unwavering commitment to excellence and customer satisfaction is clearly demonstrated through the production of their smallest mini split units, designed specifically to cater to consumers with limited living or working spaces.
3. Cooling Capacity: Up To 250 Square Feet
The 6,000 BTU mini split units from Mitsubishi and Midea are specifically designed to cool areas of up to 250 square feet. This cooling capacity makes them ideal for use in small rooms, such as bedrooms, offices, or studio apartments, where traditional central AC systems may struggle to adequately cool the space.
These smallest mini split units serve as the perfect solution for providing efficient cooling in compact living spaces or as a supplement to the central AC system in a room that lacks sufficient cooling. With their ability to effectively cool a limited area, even the smallest of spaces can be kept comfortably cool.
- Suitable for areas up to 250 square feet
- Ideal for small rooms like bedrooms, offices, or studio apartments
- Perfect solution for compact living spaces
- Supplement to central AC system in inadequately cooled rooms
“These mini split units offer efficient cooling and ensure comfort, even in the smallest of spaces.”
4. Alternative To Central AC
In homes or buildings with a central AC system, certain rooms or areas may not receive adequate cooling. This is where the smallest mini split units come in handy as they can be used as a supplement to the central AC, providing targeted cooling to specific areas. Instead of installing an additional central AC unit or resorting to noisy fans, the smallest mini split units offer a more energy-efficient and effective alternative.
By installing a 6,000 BTU mini split unit from Mitsubishi or Midea, you can ensure that even the smallest corners of your space receive the cooling they deserve. This not only enhances overall comfort but also allows for energy savings by avoiding the need to cool the entire house or building when only specific areas require cooling.
- Mini split units can supplement central AC systems
- Targeted cooling for specific areas
- Energy-efficient and effective alternative to additional central AC units or fans
- Mitsubishi and Midea offer 6,000 BTU mini split units for enhanced comfort
- Energy savings by avoiding cooling the entire space when only specific areas require cooling.
5. Mitsubishi MSZ-AP 15/20 Mini Series
One notable option among the smallest mini split units is the Mitsubishi MSZ-AP 15/20 Mini Series. This compact wall-mounted split-system air conditioning unit boasts the smallest indoor unit dimensions in the Australian market, measuring just 250 mm in height and 760 mm in width.
Despite its compact size, the Mitsubishi MSZ-AP 15/20 Mini Series operates with a cooling capacity of 1.5 kW or 2.0 kW, depending on the model. This makes it suitable for small rooms where the cooling needs are minimal but still important for maintaining comfortable temperatures.
Moreover, the compact dimensions of the MSZ-AP Mini Series allow for flexible installation in various settings. Whether you need to mount it on a wall or place it in a tight spot, the unit’s compact design ensures that it can fit seamlessly into your space without taking up too much valuable square footage.
- Smallest indoor unit dimensions in the Australian market: 250 mm (height) x 760 mm (width)
- Cooling capacity: 1.5 kW or 2.0 kW, depending on the model
- Suitable for small rooms with minimal cooling needs
- Flexible installation options for wall mounting or tight spaces
“The Mitsubishi MSZ-AP 15/20 Mini Series combines compact size with impressive cooling capabilities, making it an excellent choice for small spaces.”
6. Compact Dimensions For Flexible Installation
The Mitsubishi MSZ-AP 15/20 Mini Series is one of the smallest mini split units available in the market. Its compact dimensions make it extremely flexible for installation, especially in tight corners, smaller rooms, or apartments with limited space.
These units are designed to be space-saving, ensuring that they won’t take up an excessive amount of room or hinder the aesthetics of your space, whether you choose to mount them on a wall or position them in a concealed location. This allows you to maximize the efficiency of your cooling system while maintaining the visual appeal of your room.
The compact size of these mini split units, with a cooling capacity of up to 6,000 BTU, makes them ideal for compact spaces. Leading manufacturers like Mitsubishi and Midea have recognized the demand for smaller options and have developed these units accordingly. They provide an excellent alternative to central AC systems, offering targeted cooling for specific areas up to 250 square feet.
The Mitsubishi MSZ-AP 15/20 Mini Series exemplifies the efficacy and adaptability of these smallest mini split units. Whether you need to cool a small bedroom, office, or studio apartment, these compact units provide the perfect cooling solution for your needs.
Check this out:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the smallest size mini split AC?
The smallest size mini split AC available is a 6000 BTU unit, manufactured by Mitsubishi and Midea. These units are specially designed for small spaces, capable of cooling up to 250 square feet. They can also be used as supplemental AC in rooms that are not adequately cooled by central AC systems.
What is the smallest split system you can get?
The smallest split system available in the market is the MSZ-AP 15/20 Mini Series. This compact wall-mounted air conditioning unit has incredibly small dimensions, measuring just 250 mm in height and 760 mm in width. Its sleek design ensures it takes up minimal space, making it an ideal choice for smaller indoor areas or rooms with limited space. Despite its compact size, it provides efficient cooling and heating for maximum comfort.
What is the smallest BTU mini split you can buy?
The smallest BTU mini split currently available for purchase is typically a 6000 BTU unit. Specifically designed for smaller spaces, it is capable of efficiently cooling or heating an area up to 300 square feet. This compact system provides an ideal solution for individuals seeking climate control in limited spaces without compromising on energy efficiency and effectiveness.
What size room will 5000 BTU?
A 5,000 BTU air conditioner is designed to cool rooms that are around 150 to 200 square feet in size. This means that it would be best suited for a room that is about 10×10, 12×12, or 14×14 feet. With its cooling capacity, it can effectively provide comfort and lower temperatures in these smaller-sized rooms.