Where to Buy a Pizza Stone?
You can buy a pizza stone at various places, including Avanti, Salt & Pepper Pizza, and Bakemaster.
You can also purchase them online at Kitchen Warehouse.
Pizza stones are made of ceramic or cordierite stone and provide benefits such as better ingredient control, even cooking, and a crispy base.
To prevent sticking, you can dust the stone with semolina or cornmeal.
It’s important not to wash the stone to avoid cracking, but you can clean it by brushing or wiping it down.
Additionally, Kitchen Warehouse offers flexible payment options and free delivery for orders over $100.
- Pizza stones can be bought at Avanti, Salt & Pepper Pizza, and Bakemaster
- Online purchase options are available at Kitchen Warehouse
- Pizza stones are made of ceramic or cordierite stone and have benefits like better ingredient control and even cooking
- To prevent sticking, the stone can be dusted with semolina or cornmeal
- The stone should not be washed to avoid cracking, but can be cleaned by brushing or wiping it down
- Kitchen Warehouse offers flexible payment options and free delivery for orders over $100
Did You Know?
1. Did you know that pizza stones were originally used in medieval times to bake bread? The ancient Egyptians are believed to have popularized the use of stone slabs for baking, which eventually evolved into the modern-day pizza stone.
2. Pizza stones can help distribute heat evenly and absorb moisture, resulting in a crispy crust. However, to prevent the stone from cracking, it is recommended to preheat it slowly along with the oven rather than placing it directly in a hot oven.
3. Among the various types of pizza stones available, the Cordierite stone is highly prized for its exceptional heat retention properties. It can withstand extreme temperatures without cracking, making it an ideal choice for baking perfect pizzas.
4. While most people think of using pizza stones exclusively for pizza, they can actually be quite versatile. You can also bake bread, cookies, pastries, and even reheat leftovers on a pizza stone, providing an all-around baking experience.
5. In certain cultures, such as among the Inuit communities in Northern Canada, pizza stones have been used for centuries to cook traditional flatbreads. These stones, known as “bannock stones,” have been an essential part of their culinary history and continue to be used to this day.
Where To Buy A Pizza Stone – Avanti Pizza Baking Stone
If you’re looking to buy a top-notch pizza stone, consider the Avanti Pizza Baking Stone. This high-quality stone is designed to provide excellent baking results, ensuring a perfect crispy crust every time. But where can you find this fantastic product?
One great option is to check out Kitchen Warehouse, an online store that offers a wide range of kitchen essentials. Renowned for its extensive collection of cooking tools and equipment, Kitchen Warehouse is the perfect place to find the Avanti Pizza Baking Stone. With their user-friendly website and excellent customer service, you’ll have no trouble locating and purchasing this fantastic pizza stone.
Ordering from Kitchen Warehouse comes with some perks as well. Flexible payment options are available, and orders over $100 even qualify for free delivery. This means you can conveniently shop from the comfort of your own home and have your new Avanti Pizza Baking Stone delivered right to your doorstep.
Types Of Pizza Stones And Pans Available
Now that we’ve covered where to buy the Avanti Pizza Baking Stone, let’s explore the various types of pizza stones and pans available on the market.
- Pizza stones are typically made of either ceramic or cordierite stone, which are highly heat-resistant materials that allow for even baking and optimal heat retention.
In addition to pizza stones, there are also pizza pans and trays that can be used for cooking or serving.
- Pizza pans are typically made of aluminium or carbon steel and are well-suited for home cooks who prefer a thinner, crispier crust.
- On the other hand, pizza trays are similar to pizza pans but are more versatile, serving as both cooking and serving vessels.
For those who crave an extra crispy base, pizza crispers are an excellent option.
- These round pans are equipped with holes that promote air circulation, resulting in a truly crispy crust.
Whether you prefer a deep-dish pizza or a thin-crust delight, there is a pizza stone or pan available to suit your needs.
Tips For Preventing Sticking And Cracking
Now that you know where to buy a pizza stone and have a good idea of the different types available, it’s essential to understand how to prevent sticking and cracking, ensuring the longevity of your pizza stone.
To prevent sticking, it’s recommended to use semolina or cornmeal in the dough. These ingredients act as a barrier between the dough and the stone, preventing any sticking. Additionally, dusting the peel and stone with semolina or cornmeal before transferring the pizza onto the stone can further enhance the non-stick properties.
When it comes to avoiding cracking, it’s essential to never wash your pizza stone. Washing the stone can cause quick temperature changes, leading to cracks in the stone’s surface. Instead, simply brush or wipe down the stone after each use to remove any excess flour or residue.
For those who prefer the convenience of a dishwasher, it’s advisable to check the specific care instructions for dishwasher-safe pizza pans and trays. Some models may be suitable for dishwasher use, while others may require handwashing to maintain their integrity.
Cleaning And Care Instructions For Pizza Stones
Proper cleaning and care are essential for maintaining the quality of your pizza stone. It’s crucial to avoid washing your pizza stone to prevent cracking. Instead, after each use, simply brush or wipe down the stone to remove any leftover residue.
If the stone becomes heavily soiled, it’s recommended to use a dough scraper or a stiff brush to remove the stubborn remnants. Be mindful not to use soap or any harsh chemicals, as these can seep into the porous surface of the stone and affect the taste of your future pizzas.
It’s also crucial to note that pizza stones may darken or discolor over time. This is normal and should not affect the performance of the stone. In fact, the more seasoned your stone becomes, the better it will perform, as a seasoned stone develops a natural non-stick surface over time.
Benefits Of Using A Pizza Stone For Homemade Pizzas
Now that you’re well-acquainted with the Avanti Pizza Baking Stone, let’s explore the numerous benefits of using a pizza stone for homemade pizzas.
One of the most significant advantages of using a pizza stone is the increased control over your ingredients and toppings. By making your own pizzas at home, you have the freedom to experiment with various sauces, cheeses, and toppings, allowing you to create a customized pizza that suits your personal taste preferences.
In addition to the versatility and control over the ingredients, pizza stones offer even cooking due to their excellent heat conductivity and retention. The porous nature of the stone also helps draw out moisture from the dough, resulting in a perfectly crispy base. To maximize the crispiness, it’s recommended to preheat the stone before transferring the pizza onto it, preventing any sogginess in the bottom.
In conclusion, a pizza stone is a must-have tool for any pizza lover. Whether you choose the Avanti Pizza Baking Stone or another high-quality option, such as the Salt & Pepper Pizza Stone with Rack or the Bakemaster Non-Stick Round Pizza Crisper, you can find these products at the Kitchen Warehouse, an online store known for its wide selection of kitchen essentials. By using a pizza stone, you’ll enjoy better control over your pizza creations, even cooking, and a crispy base every time.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does a good pizza stone cost?
When it comes to purchasing a pizza stone, it is important to consider the type of material used. Typically, ceramic or cast iron stones tend to fall within the price range of $40 to $60, while a steel pizza stone may cost slightly more, ranging from $70 to $90. It is crucial to be cautious of any significant price differences compared to competitors made from the same material, as this may indicate varying quality.
What kind of stone is best for pizza?
When it comes to creating the perfect pizza, the choice of stone can make all the difference. After thorough testing, the FibraMent-D baking stone emerges as the top contender. With its ¾-inch-thick ceramic construction, this stone excels in heat retention, allowing for a continuous stream of perfectly baked pizzas. Moreover, its coarse surface adds a delightful crispiness to the bottom of the crust while ensuring a delightful puffiness for the edges. Look no further than the FibraMent-D baking stone for achieving professional-quality pizzas every time.
Is a pizza stone worth buying?
While steel is often considered the go-to option for achieving the perfect pizza crust, a pizza stone does have its merits. Its versatility in baking extends beyond pizza, making it a valuable addition to any kitchen. Unlike steel, a stone’s lower heat retention prevents overcooking certain baked goods that require longer baking times at high temperatures, such as bread and specific pastries. This means that home cooks who enjoy experimenting with different baking recipes will appreciate the flexibility and consistency a pizza stone provides, making it a worthwhile investment for those seeking culinary exploration.
What is a substitute for a pizza stone?
If you don’t have a pizza stone on hand, fear not! You can still achieve a perfect crust using alternative options. An inverted baking sheet works as a handy substitute, allowing heat to evenly distribute and create a crispy texture. Alternatively, a cast iron pan provides excellent heat retention, resulting in a crust that is both crunchy and chewy. If you prefer the smoky flavor of outdoor cooking, a hot grill can do wonders for your pizza dough, giving it a delightful charred taste. Another useful alternative is a pizza pan, which ensures even heat distribution and a golden crust. Lastly, baking steel is a popular choice due to its ability to retain and distribute heat effectively, resulting in a perfectly cooked, professional-quality crust.